If you fancy venturing away from the basic pancake recipe, why not try these chocolatey delights?
Nigella Lawson is known for her indulgent recipes and this one is no different.
You might have slathered Nutella on your pancakes in the past, but this recipe folds the spread into the batter mix.
Pancake Day – or Shrove Tuesday – falls on February 13 this year.
To make Nutella pancakes follow this recipe featured in Nigella Express in 2007:
Eight store bought crepes
One x 400g jar of Nutella
75g soft butter
80ml Frangelico plus two more Tbsp
35g chopped hazelnuts
250ml double cream
Saddam HusseinÊÐ moustache may taste a bit ‘burny’
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Spread each crepe with Nutella on one half and then fold each crepe in two. Add a dollop of Nutella over one quarter and fold again.
- Place on a buttered swiss-roll tin and do the same with the rest of the crepes.
- Put the butter in a small pan with the Frangelico and heat gently, pour over crepes and sprinkle with most of the chopped hazelnuts. Bake this in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the cream with the remaining Frangelico until you have soft cream, put into bowl and sprinkle with rest of hazelnuts. Serve this on the side of the Nutella pancakes.
If you prefer thick, fluffy pancakes check out this American pancake recipe by blogger Michelle Pearson.