If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
Colorful foods can take the most basic recipe and make it amazing. Doughnuts were already awesome, but add rainbow colors and a simple icing glaze? You’ll never want regular doughnuts again — especially because these are so easy to make. Customize the colors according to where you’re serving these. Mermaid parade? Try blue, yellow, and green! Unicorn? Use all the colors of the rainbow!
Rainbow Doughnuts [Vegan]
For the Doughnuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water or almond milk
- Food coloring like pink, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple
For the Icing:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Mix ingredients for the doughnuts together
- Pour batter into six different bowls. Add a tiny amount of dye to each bowl.
- Bake on greased doughnut. Layer different colors of batter on the doughnut tray and swirl the colors around.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes
- Once cool mix powdered sugar with almond milk. Add more sugar if too thin, add more almond milk if icing is not thin enough.
- Dip doughnuts then add sprinkles.
If you thin out icing with a few extra drops of almond milk you’ll be able to see the doughnut colors through it.
Swirl the batter as you place it in the trays if you want more of a blended look. The two doughnuts at the bottom of the picture are upside down and show off the swirl. The top side was a mix of swirl and color block design because the bottom part of the tray was not mixed.
EXPLORE MORE RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS: