Here is a smooth delicious and healthy Chicken Liver Pate Recipe and you should plan this a few days in advance because this brings out the fullest flavour. Nice and easy to create you should serve it in one large 1 litre terrine or in a few smaller sized containers.
Low Fat Chicken Liver Pate
By Kaidance Prindle Submitted On October 23, 2010
Ideal as a mouth-watering first course for a dinner party served with a more crusty or toasted bread.
Delicious Dishes… the SIMPLE way!
Chicken livers and Mustard Pate
Ideal for about 5 people
450g-500g chicken livers, trimmed
1 small to medium onion, chopping into small pieces
1/4 level teaspoon allspice
1 Tablespoon of thyme dried or fresh plus a few small sprigs to garnish
2 level teaspoons mustard powder
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Couple of tablespoons brandy
Bit of salt and freshly milled black pepper
– Melt 100g of the butter over a low heat and cook the chopped onion and garlic for 2 or 3 minutes until softened. Now put the chicken livers into the pan, along with the chopped thyme, mustard powder and allspice. Season with the black pepper and salt.
– Cook the chicken livers for about 7 to 8 minutes turning them frequently to ensure all side get cooked (you want them still pink in the middle).
– Stir in the cognac and now take off the heat.
– Next transfer everything into a blender and blend until the consistency is smooth. Check the taste and add extra salt or pepper if desired.
– Transfer it all into a bowl or smaller bowls and level the surface.
– Slowly melt the rest of the butter and take off the heat. Try your best to remove the froth layer and discard. Seal the pate with the clarified butter. Garnish the top with the small sprigs of thyme.
– Let it cool completely before covering. Leave in the fridge for a while.
You could also serve this Chicken liver [http://chicken-livers.com/] pate recipe as an entree if you spread it over some small crackers or bread sticks or vegetables. You can keep it for about 1 week as long as you keep it in the fridge and covered. Enjoy the many chicken liver nutrition [http://chicken-livers.com/chicken-liver-benefits-nutritional-facts/] benefits!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Kaidance_Prindle/795014