We’re heating things up with these jalapeno brownies. On a hot summer day, serve them with dairy-free whipped cream or vegan vanilla ice cream for cool contrast.
Many brownie recipes, like this one, are naturally dairy-free. They’re often made with oil, not butter. And since they are supposed to be dense, they don’t typically call for any milk or buttermilk, like so many cake recipes. I have included options below for other special diet needs, like gluten-free, egg-free, and vegan.
This jalapeno brownies recipe with photo was shared with us by Rio Luna Organics.
Special Diet Notes: Jalapeno Brownies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free, dairy-free jalapeno brownies, you can substitute your favorite gluten-free flour blend, like King Arthur or Namaste Foods, for the all-purpose flour.
For egg-free and vegan jalapeno brownies, swap in aquafaba for the eggs, or see my egg substitute guide for more options.
Author: Rio Luna Organics
- ½ cup oil (your favorite baking oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced jalapenos, pureed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (preferably Dutch processed)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until no cocoa clumps remain.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, jalapenos, and vanilla until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combines.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and even it out.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the brownies pull away from the pan sides.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into fourths each way.
Key Pantry Supplies: Jalapeno Brownies
Enjoy More Dairy-Free Baked Good Recipes from My Books: