Flourless cakes are the choice of those that love gluten-free foods and desserts. With the trend of going flour-free or gluten-free reaching gigantic proportions and people all across the globe switching to the diet every day, the recipes of these foods are much in demand. Needless to say, flourless cakes have lesser amount of calories per serving. There are two kinds of flourless cakes- one that uses the foam from egg whites and the other that uses non-traditional flours like almond flour, coconut flour, sweet rice flour, etc.
In case of egg-only flourless cakes, the dessert is loaded with proteins, and in case of almond flour cakes, the dish will have more fiber, protein and other essential nutrients and vitamins. The recipe given here is for the first kind of flourless cake. If you’re a vegetarian, then you can opt for other nut flours or rice flours to make yourself a decadent chocolate cake. ALSO READ: Healthy Recipe: How to make yummy Gluten-free Mango Bread at home
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe (Contains Egg)
Dark chocolate slab – 375gm
Butter (unsalted)- 250gm
Regular sugar -175gm
Egg whole -6nos
Castor sugar -90gm
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease the tray and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the water and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
3. Either in the top half of a double boiler or in a microwave oven melts the dark chocolate slab. Pour the chocolate into the bowl of an electric mixer.
4. Cut the butter into pieces and beat the butter into the chocolate, 1 piece at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time. ALSO READ: Best Sanjeev Kapoor Dessert Recipes: How to make Rasmalai Mousse and Coconut jaggery cakes
5. Pour the batter into the prepared tray Have a large tray than the cake tray, put the cake tray in the larger tray and fill the tray with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake tray.
6. Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the tray. To unmold, dip the bottom of the cake tray in hot water for 10 seconds and invert into a serving plate.
Recipe Courtesy: Chef Arun Prasad, Hotel Royal Orchid, Bangalore
Do you have any recipes to share? Send them in! Email your recipes with relevant HD images of the dishes to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to carry select recipes right here on India.com. Like our Facebook page to get more such recipes. Also, share your comments below. We would love to hear from you!