- Brilliant mix-and-match menu plan with treats included
- Tried-and-tested recipes
- Lose up to 7lb in a fortnight
Pork and new potato skewers
Whether we’re jetting off for a break in the sun or enjoying the holidays at home, lots of us probably fancy dropping a few pounds to help us feel more confident over the summer months. The good news is that while we can’t guarantee the weather, we can guarantee that this plan from Slimming World could help you to lose up to 7lb in two weeks* – wow!
It’s packed full of all the tastes of summer – think fresh fruit, juicy prawns and succulent burgers – and the flavours of a flame-grilled barbecue. In fact, all the main meals can be cooked outdoors, if desired. This plan will prove once and for all that losing weight doesn’t have to mean sticking to salads or saying ‘no’ to summer fun.
Asian crab and corn fish cakes
Follow this seven-day menu planner, which fits with Slimming World’s famous Food Optimising eating plan, for two weeks and see how you can lose weight without ever feeling hungry or deprived. Combine this with the unwavering and friendly support you’ll find at your local Slimming World group (or on Slimming World Online), as well as starting to get more active – you’ll get advice and encouragement on how to do this at your group, too – and you’re sure to find your ultimate recipe for summer slimming success!
For more recipes or to find your nearest group, visit slimmingworld.co.uk or call 03448 978000.
*Slimming World recommends a safe and steady weight loss of 1lb-2lb a week, but you may lose more in your first weeks.
Pimm’s ice lollies
How it works
1 Pick one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner every day; repeat meals you enjoy. You’ll find more ideas at slimmingworld.co.uk or when you join your local Slimming World group.
2 Foods printed in bold are ‘free foods’ – such as vegetables, pasta, lean meat, fish, rice, potatoes, fat-free dairy, eggs – which you can enjoy freely to satisfy your appetite with no weighing, counting or measuring. Base meals around these and if you feel hungry between meals, snack on fresh fruit, veg crudités and fat-free natural yoghurt.
3 As well as free foods, fill your store cupboard with fat-free salad dressings, stock, herbs, oil-free passata, tomato purée, soy sauce and spices, which can be used freely to flavour meals.
4 To make sure that you’re enjoying a fully balanced diet, Slimming World encourages you to enjoy measured amounts of foods that are high in calcium, such as milk and cheese, and full of fibre, such as wholemeal bread, wholegrain cereals, nuts and crispbreads. These can be enjoyed as part of your meals and where we’ve included them in this plan, we’ve given specific measurements. Alternatively, you may choose to have them in hot drinks or on their own as a snack. Just remember to stick to one portion of dairy and one portion of fibre each day. Where you’re enjoying them separately:
● Choose 350ml skimmed or 250ml semi-skimmed milk, or 30g full-fat hard cheese or 40g reduced-fat hard cheese.
● Boost your fibre intake by enjoying two slices of wholemeal bread (from a small 400g loaf), or a 60g wholemeal roll.
MAXIMISE YOUR SUCCESS
● Trim all visible fat off meats and remove skin from poultry. Use low-calorie cooking spray (1 cal per spray or less) instead of oil and fats.
● Keep hydrated. Aim to drink between six and eight glasses of fluid a day. Choose water, sugar-free drinks, tea and coffee (swap sugar for sweetener tablets or granules). Remember that any milk needs to come from your allowance.
● Treat yourself. Enjoy up to two treats from the list provided every day.
DESSERTS & TREATS
We’ve factored in life’s little pleasures, too.
Choose up to two treats a day:
● 1 serving of Key Lime and Blackberry Cheesecake (recipe in links below)
● 2 Pimm’s Ice Lollies (recipe in links below)
● 1 x 26g serving Nakd Posh Bits, Cocoa Sea Salt flavour
● 25g cashew nuts & raisins
● 35ml gin with slimline tonic
● 1 x 125ml glass red, white or rosé wine
● 1 x 330ml bottle Coors Light
● 1 x 21g bag Aldi Passions Deli Pea Snacks, Chilli flavour
● 1 x 15g bar Green & Black’s milk chocolate
● 1 x 24g bag Walkers Sunbites Pittas, any flavour
All dinner recipes taken from Slimming World’s recipe book Little Book of Barbecue, available in all Slimming World groups in the UK, priced £3.95
Dessert recipes from Slimming World’s Sweet Dreams. Get your free copy by purchasing a 12-week Countdown before 22 July from any Slimming World group in the UK. Sweet Dreams is available on general sale in all Slimming World groups from 23 July, price £4.95.
To find your nearest Slimming World group, visit slimmingworld.co.uk or call 03448 978000.